Being healthy and happy takes effort, especially with all the interference and noise of modern life. We let ourselves get run down, exhausted and unhappy – and that takes a serious toll on our health. Sometimes we need a major overhaul and other times a quick tune up. If you’ve been feeling stuck, try these quick tips for a tune up courtesy of an article by Jenny McFarlane and Sarah Jordan:
- Get some air – And vitamin D. Whether it’s a quick walk around the block, or some time spent gardening, it’s essential to your well-being.
- Get active – Try the popular “7-minute workout”, created by the American College of Sports Medicine’s Health and Fitness Journal. Even short bursts of increased heart rate can positively impact your health!
- Give back – Donating or volunteering can reduce your risk of heart attacks and even cancers. Plus, it always feels good to help others.
- Get the giggles – Your mental health will thank you, and you’ll also get a boost in energy. Try renting a funny movie, or checking out your local comedy club.
- Eat energizing foods – What better way to get a boost than eating a healthy snack? Try walnuts for omega-3 fatty acids, or quinoa for mood-stabilizing manganese.
- Make a list – It’ll help you be much more productive as you visualize what needs to be done. Higher productivity = more free time to do all the things listed above!