To keep things fresh this Spring, Healthy Central Florida is thrilled to unveil the Move60 Challenge. Walk, run, bike, swim, dance, do Yoga, Zumba or Pilates – whatever floats your paddleboard (another great activity). Just get moving!
Some people want to move to lose weight. Others want to move to stay flexible, healthy and fit – or just to have fun! Whatever your motivation, we hope you’ll join the MOVEment! It’s all FREE.
The fun begins on March 1st and goes through April 29th. You can participate as an individual or on a team. There are great prizes for both plus free t-shirts and quality pedometers – just for being active.
It just takes a minute. See complete rules there. Here are highlights…
Individual Weekly Prizes
- Randomly drawn prizes from all active participants who posted that week will be awarded weekly.
- Prizes include 50 Fitbits, YMCA mini-memberships, fitness gear and gift certificates to movies, Publix and great local restaurants.
3 Grand Prizes for Individuals completing all8-Weeks of Challenge
- Every individual who completes and posts activities ALL 8 weeks will be entered to win one of three randomly drawn grand prizes. These include:
- A “Mini-Membership to RDV Sportsplex – a free 3-month membership
- A Fitbit Charge
- A $100 Track Shack Gift Certificate
- We’ll offer four (4) team prizes – one per team per category: (1) Corporate/organization (2) Public School (3) Faith group or (4) Spirit award. The Spirit award can be for any category for the team that cheers each other on, has the biggest health success story – or the one that clearly has the most fun while getting fit. To be eligible for the Final
Workplace Prize – The company with the most employees signed up and being active and logging steps/activities weekly for the for the 60 days will be featured in a half-page ad and receive a FREE catered lunch for up to 20 people (complete with chair massage and goodies).
Faith Community Prize – The faith community, church or synagogue with the most walkers signed up and actively posting will win $400 for their organization.
School Prize – The Winter Park Consortium public school with the most participants signed up and actively posting and logging steps will win $400 for their organization.
Most Spirit Award – The team that cheers each other on, has the biggest health success story – or the one that clearly has the most fun while getting fit will receive the Spirit Award and a fun, active team outing (we’ll beg your boss for you) for up to 20 participants (a $400 value).
FREE T-Shirts / Free Fitbits & Timex Pedometers
*Free t-shirts will be distributed to registered participants at partner locations beginning Feb. 23rd – while supplies last. No pedometer is necessary, but if you don’t have a fitness tracker or smart phone, a limited supply of high quality Timex pedometers will be distributed for free while supplies last. Once you register, you’ll receive an automatic email reply acknowledging your registration. Bring your phone or print out that receipt as proof of registration to receive your t-shirt and/or pedometer.
PICK UP LOCATIONS:
- Orlando: Track Shack
- Winter Park: Winter Park Public Library, Winter Park Welcome Center/Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Winter Park Farmer’s Market (Saturday, Feb. 25 ONLY 7am – 1 pm)
- Maitland: Maitland Public Library, RDV Sportsplex, Maitland Farmer’s Market (Sunday, Feb. 26 ONLY 9 am – 2 pm)
- Eatonville: Healthy Eatonville Place
Fifty Fitbits will be given out during the Challenge. Details coming soon! Click here to register.