April 29th. You can participate as an individual or on a team. There are great prizes for both plus *free t-shirts and quality pedometers – just for being active.
You can also register in person and join us for a kick off walk on Thursday, March 1st. You have two options – morning and afternoon.
Morning Walk: 7 am at the Maitland Public Library, 501 Maitland Ave S, Maitland, FL 32751 (Enjoy a one-hour walk around Lake Lily and beautiful Maitland neighborhoods)
Afternoon Walk: 5:30 pm at the Center for Family Medicine, 133 Benmore Lane, Winter Park, FL 32792 (Enjoy a one-hour walk through tree-lined streets in beautiful Winter Park and Windsong neighborhoods)
All walking speeds welcome; Restrooms are available; t-shirts and pedometers will be distributed while supplies last. Join us!
The Move60 Challenge is a great way to build morale and health on your work team or to raise money for your church or school team – cash prizes for school and faith teams (see below for more).
Grab your co-workers, family or your PTA members and do it for fun or as a fundraiser and sign up – it’s all free and all fun! Here are highlights…
- Individual Weekly Prizes – Randomly drawn prizes from all active participants who posted that week will be awarded weekly. Prizes include Fitbits, fitness gear and gift certificates to movies, Publix and great local restaurants.
- Four (4) Team Prizes – one per team per category: (1) Corporate/organization (2) Public School (3) Faith group or (4) Spirit award. The Spirit award can be for any category for the team that cheers each other on, has the biggest health success story – or the one that clearly has the most fun while getting fit.
- Free Fitness Classes at Participating Partners– More detailscoming soon but if you’ve ever wanted to try Pilates, spinning or yoga, now is your chance.
- School Fundraiser– The Winter Park Consortium public school with the most participants signed up and actively posting and logging steps will win $400 for their organization. PTO/PTA – no selling chocolate, gift-wrapping or any selling. Just get people moving and make money for your school.
- *FREE T-Shirts / Free Fitbits & Timex Pedometers
*Free t-shirts will be distributed to registered participants at partner locations beginning Feb. 22nd– for the first 800 or while supplies last. No pedometer is necessary, but if you don’t have a fitness tracker or smart phone, a limited supply of high quality Timex pedometers will be available. Must be registered. Sign up early – starting January 30th at healthycentralflorida.org.
Special thanks for Florida Blue and Florida Hospital for their support in making this Challenge Free and available to our community.