Join the Walk90 Challenge, using a simple online tool to track your steps and earn great prizes. The challenge runs 90 days – from November 1st (or whenever you start) to January 29th. The goal is to take 7,000 steps a day – a healthy but attainable goal. Invite friends, family or co-workers and create a team, or simply walk solo.
To sign up, go to hcf.walkertracker.com and click on the registration link on the right.
This FREE online tool will help you track steps, stay motivated, and improve your health and fitness. Plus, you can win prizes! Everyone who signs up, walks consistently and enters their steps at least once per week during the Challenge* will be entered to win the grand prize of a one year membership to RDV Sportsplex!
Additionally, five (5) runners-up will also win a Fitbit Flex wristband – a slim, stylish device that tracks steps, distance, calories burned, your sleep cycle — and helps you achieve and maintain health goals.
In last year’s challenge, with a total of nearly 3 million steps (2,725,267 steps), Fred Hoffman came in first place. That’s almost 1,200 miles, about the same distance from Orlando to Buffalo, New York! Our first runner up came in only 11,000 steps behind. We can’t wait to see the strides that this year’s participants will take!
To make it more fun, we’ll be walking on a virtual route along the Florida Wildlife Corridor; an expedition in 2012 explored the corridor, blazing a 1,000 mile trail from the Everglades to Okefenokee Swamp in southern Georgia. We’ll be traveling the same route!
Best of luck and happy walking!
*The sooner you start walking, the better your chances are of winning! Additional rules apply. See below for complete details.
If you have any questions, please contact Veronica Willis at 407.644.2300 ext. 241 or email her at email@example.com.
Complete Rules for the Walk90 Challenge
- Must log steps on Healthy Central Florida Walk90 Challenge page at least once per week (hcf.walkertracker.com).
- The person with the most steps wins the grand prize. In the event of a tie on steps, the person with the most entries and most active posting will be the winner.
- Five additional runners up, those with the next highest step counts will win Fitbit Flexes.
- Winners will be notified via email at the conclusion of the contest – on or before February 27th.
- All prizes will be awarded by March 31, 2015.
- You may not be an employee or immediate family member of an employee of Healthy Central Florida, Winter Park Health Foundation or Florida Hospital.
- Your steps are on the honor system. You must raise your right hand and pledge…just kidding. But seriously, this is on your honor. Do the right thing – take the steps you say you took.
- Additional rules apply. Please contact Jill Hamilton Buss, Executive Director of Healthy Central Florida, with questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org | (407) 644-2300)