Thanks to the 43 students who submitted entries in our first-ever video contest! And thanks to the faculty and staff at Glenridge and Maitland Middle Schools who promoted this contest and helped their students submit entries.
The panel of professional judges met on June 1st and winners will be announced soon. Cash prizes will be awarded to the producers of the top three videos. Judges were unable to choose just one first-place video, so a tie occurred for 1st place. We’ll be offering a cash prize to the individual student or group of students for first and third place. (Cash prizes for individuals or for student groups to split.)
- 1st Place – $150 (two will be announced soon!)
- 2nd Place – $100 (No award since we have 2 winners)
- 3rd Place – $50
Below are highlights of the rules for the contest:
- Video should highlight theme “Walking and riding to school is cool when you do it safely: You don’t have to use (A) encourage students to walk or bike to school – (B) Do it safely. Original videos must be 60 seconds or less. Entries should promote walking/biking and focus on crosswalk safety, paying attention while walking, biking or driving, wearing a helmet and not wearing earbuds.
- Entries must be received by May 20th at 5 PM. Only entries from Glenridge and Maitland Middle School producers will be accepted.
- Visit www.walkbiketoschool.org/safety for pedestrian and bike safety behaviors to highlight.
- Videos must be original student work and use one of these formats: AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, MP4 and WMV
- All screenwriting, directing, camera/filming and editing must be done by the student producer.
*Contest open to Glenridge and Maitland Middle students only.